You are currently viewing Most Dangerous Home Electrical Hazards in Selangor

Most Dangerous Home Electrical Hazards in Selangor

What are the most common electrical hazards that can happen in my home? Is a common question many electrical contractors from Selangor get from concerned homeowners.

You might be surprised to know that there are many risks you face every day when it comes to electricity.

Whether it’s negligence or just a bad habit, there are things we’re doing that may be sabotaging the safety of everyone in our vicinity.

In this article, we’ll outline some of the most common threats your family is exposed to daily and how to solve this so you can have a better living experience.

Defective Electrical Wires

A defective electrical wire is one of the most common and dangerous hazards in your home.

It’s a problem because it can lead to fires, shock, or electrocution that may cost you a load amount of cash to solve.

If you notice any loose wires, frayed insulation, or exposed metal on an extension cord—replace it right away, and don’t wait for an accident to happen before you do!

The best way to know if there are any problems with the wiring in your house is to have an electrician come over and do a thorough inspection.

Electrical Outlet Exposed to Water

If any of your electrical outlets are exposed to water then you can expect some unwanted electric shocks.

When water comes into direct contact with electricity in your outlet, you can expect a massive short circuit that will lead to fires and the release of dangerous enough electricity.

To avoid this, you should simply replace any outlet or switch with a plastic cover if it was exposed to water.

If there is no replacement available in your area for the type of socket, make sure to turn off the power before you start working on replacing them.

The best thing about this problem is that it’s not expensive—you can buy these covers at local hardware stores and fix the issue quickly!

Also, be sure to remove any standing water near electrical outlets as well as any other water sources that are nearby.

Extension Cords Lying Around

You may think that having extension cords lying around is no big deal but you’d be surprised to know that it’s one of the most dangerous home electrical hazards in Selangor.

It can easily lead to electrocution or a fire hazard if it comes into contact with water—so be sure to always store extension cords away from any wet surfaces and this will help ensure your safety!

If you need to use an extension cord, it’s best to go for those with an automatic shut-off switch that will stop the power supply when it’s disconnected.

The best way to store an extension cord is in a plastic bag so that there are no water droplets on it and this will make sure you’re safe from any potential electrical hazards.

If you follow these simple steps, then your home will be much safer for everyone living inside—including yourself!

Overheating Lightbulbs

The last thing you want is to have any lightbulbs overheat.

If the temperature in your home rises high enough, it will start melting and cracking—leading to a fire hazard that can be very dangerous for everyone in your family!

To avoid this problem altogether, make sure there are plenty of air vents around so that heat doesn’t accumulate inside.

This will help regulate the temperature appropriately which means less chance of overheating bulbs!

Overcharging Electronics

Electronics are very helpful in our everyday life but a lot of them need to be charged for long periods of time.

Even though it’s not an emergency, the safety hazards that you’re exposed to when overcharging electronics are worth mentioning as much as possible!

If your device starts smoking or overheating then this means there might be something wrong with it and you should get rid of the item right away—just follow these simple tips so that no one gets injured by faulty equipment.

The best way to avoid battery accidents is just to make sure they don’t overheat before we use any devices with lithium-ion batteries because this can happen if charge levels go too high.

Also, replace chargers regularly and never leave electronic items charging overnight.

Takeaway

We hope this blog post has helped you better understand the most dangerous home electrics hazards and how to avoid them.

However, if you’re still feeling uneasy about your electrical safety in the house, please contact our team of experts for a free consultation.

Our electricians are happy to help ensure that your family is safe from any accidents involving household electricity!

Leave a Reply